Sunday, March 2, 2008

Work week and Catlins Weekend 2






Hello everyone!


Haven't blogged since last Sunday so I apologize but work has been a bit busy this week and just now getting the chance to do some blogging.


We are getting closer and closer to our first patient and will actually start assessments 1 week from tomorrow. We have been busy testing out our equipment, finalizing paper forms, and setting things up in the database.


Last weekend, I went out and tried ultimate frisbee and ice hockey. I believe I am better at frisbee than ice hockey as it becomes very difficult to both skate AND flip that little puck around at the same time! I played ultimate again later in the week and also checked out the women's rugby teams. I may actually look into that a bit further! Sounds fun and you could really get rid of some agression that way! They are full contact tackling!


Yesterday, the other PhD student, Dan, and his wife Emily and I took another scenic drive a bit further south this time into the Catlins where we were able to visit McLean Falls and the Cathedral Caves. Both were absolutely amazing! Cathedral Caves was an adventure in itself as it was a bit stormy yesterday so even at low tide it became difficult to actually make it into the caves which lie on the beach. We had to do some dodging and running through the water and let me tell you, that Antarctic current is freezing!!! But pretty sweet once you were able to get to the caves and they probably go as deep as 1/2 football field once you are entirely in!!


Today is a rainy day so I'll probably just stick around home, possibly do some work but that's about it!


Later!

2 comments:

Meghan Jacoby Rapp said...

Hey Lex - looks like tons of fun! I'm thinking of you! I can't wait to talk to you! I'd love to see you tackle girls! :) Miss you - Meghan

Amy said...

Looks beautiful!! Next June sounds like a plan little half marathon, couple of pints, and some relaxation! talk to you soon
-Amy