Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Birthday Kiwi Style!!

So I celebrated my 27th here in New Zealand the Kiwi Way. Not much difference but I'm pretty sure I just turned 27 a day earlier than I was supposed to! Anyway, enjoyed a little Turkish Dinner (which at first scared me but then I realized it was just kebabs and such). Such an American girl, I am.... i'm like, oh..kebabs...that's totally American ..just throw it on the grill and eat with some corn on the cobb and whatever....but OH NO...here it's like a fancy restaurant where I pay good money for meat off a stick...and then they try to pretend like I couldn't have made that myself! But New Zealand is great like that....in a 1 block radius I could have Thai, Seafood, Indian, Thai again, cambodian, turkish, mexican, thai again, some weird deer or lamb burger (GROSS!!), Mickey D's!, Irish pub food, indian...and of course Thai. Have to admit, I've tried lamb a bit but it's just not my style... plus it's like eating my childhood stuffed animal...they are too cute to eat...mary had a little lamb and all and I'm going to eat it....NOPE.

I really need to take some pictures of the lifestyle here....HILARIOUS....for instance, throwing your couch up onto your roof and chillin in the middle of the day....completely normal...no one even looks at you twice unless you are me. Burning couches....another no brainer....and don't try burning chairs, that's just LAME....if you are going to burn, burn for REAL. umm....streaking...yeah, they don't save that for night, it's midday...apparently there is a national nudity day here...what is that?? Are you serious? I need to get into shape before that one! :)

So I figure this much, when I get back to the states I'm definitely bringing back some Kiwi traditions and will try to lift my couch on my roof and sit and drink beer out there...I'm certain I'd be arrested but all I have to say is "It's Kiwi Style" Back off! :)

Off to Queenstown for the Easter holiday and hoping to get myself into some kind of dangerous activity since I already checked bungee over a river off my list.

I think I may try knee boarding down a rip-roaring river and try to bang my head against a few boulders....if I'm not bleeding by the end, I just didn't try hard enough!

1 comment:

DebbieLera said...

Lexie, you are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh of the day. I'm glad you are having a blast. Work hard and play hard!