Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Orientation Week!

Ok, this week has been hilarious so far. I finally got moved in to my new place which is pretty swanky considering it is still somewhat considered a residence hall. But basically it's the size of a large hotel room with a desk, small kitchenette, sofa, private bathroom, bookshelf, dressers, and bed. The place also has a bar downstairs, great food, pool, hot tub, sauna, 2 HUGE lounges with leather sofa and SKY TV which is basically meaning cable! :)

Anyway, this week also marks the return of the Dunedin students and WHAT a difference that makes. The student population makes up about 1/4th of the city's population and I hate to admit it, but I FEEL SO OLD!! These kids are up partying until 4 or 6 am!! I'm like I have no desire to do this anymore!! This morning I was walking to work and there were smashed beer bottles EVERYWHERE and vomit on the streets and sidewalks...CRAZY. And the New Zealanders really love their beer so it's quite entertaining!

Other than that, I've bought a bike and today is the day you can sign up for different club teams and such so I may check out a few things I've never done before such as rowing or rugby, maybe even some hockey but we'll see. Not sure my ankles can take that one!

Hope everyone is well!

No comments: