Sunday, February 24, 2008

North Catlins Trip






Hello again everyone!!


Well, it was a busy week and weekend. We start recruiting our first patient in 2 weeks so all of the forms and assessments I've been working on have been submitted to be placed in the database in order to be ready to collect data in the coming weeks. Next week we will finalize our exercise and manual therapy protocols as well as practice our assessments so we are in smooth operation when that first person shows up!


The weekend was beautiful here in Dunedin and myself as well as the other PhD student from the US and his wife borrowed a car from a fellow clinician and DROVE south on the island to a place called the North Catlins. I've placed a few pictures on here for you to see the amazing scenery this place has to offer! The first is called Jack's Bay, then you have Matai Falls, Karitane, Purakaunui Falls, and Nugget Point!
And by the way, the car was stick and it's on the left!!


Sunday I spent the day attending church, playing ultimate frisbee in the 85 degree weather and then made a trip out to the ice rink to try out ice hockey with one of the guys here in my living quarters. Hysterical but a lot of fun!


I finally have internet access here at my place so I should be able to be in better contact now!


Hope everyone is well!

No comments: